Friday, January 30, 2009

Goodbye to Extend

After working for Extend in Sydney since the end of the November it was time to say goodbye, I had made lots of friends in the Sydney and Brisbane offices and was sad to be leaving. A few of us from the office went to a local restaurant for lunch and Tj had met us there. After a great lunch and lots of talk about the rest of our travels we headed back to the office and I finished clearing my desk.



As it was the end of the month, the company puts on free drinks and has an informal debrief of how that month had gone. I stayed and had a few drinks and then got talked in to going out for a few more drinks after work in a local bar. I phoned Tj to tell her I was just going to a have a drink with them then I would head home. We found a table at the bar and chatted about work and travels, the drinks just kept coming. The boss of the Sydney office came a joined us for a while and bought everyone more drinks, at this point we were all a little merry. One of the managers disappeared and a few minutes later arrived at our table with a tray full shots of Quantro. What a night!, I had only gone for one drink, as it was about 10pm by now i decided to try and get home as I was still in north Sydney about an hour away. I made a drunken phone call to Tj to tell her i was on my way. I finally made it back at about 11ish and just fell straight into bed.
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: