Tuesday, December 23, 2008

GMTV

I had remembered that around about Christmas time GMTV would broadcast from Australia, so Adam had a look at their website and told me that they were going to be at Mrs Mcquarie’s Chair in the Botanical Garden in Sydney on Tuesday 23rd Dec. As Adam was finishing work that day until the new year i persuaded him to come and meet me there and also told the others about it. We met Matt, Emma and 2 of their friends there too.



I had made a poster to try and get noticed but there were so many people screaming out trying to grab the camera’s attention it just didn’t work. Eventually Matt, Emma and co decided to leave but I was adamant I was going to get on the telly. I found out who the producer was and approached her, I needed a story to tell her so i could be guaranteed to get on the tv, so I told her that Adam and I had just recently got married and we wanted to let everyone know the wedding was fantastic and went really well, she told me to come back about 7pm and she would try and get us on but there were no guarantees, the problem was i had overheard her say this to everyone else so wasn’t convinced.



A little later I approached her again (I can be very persistent or some people might describe it as annoying) and this time took Adam with me, I just blurted out oh by the way this is my husband in case she didn’t believe my story, so she told me that they were going to do a sweep of everyone at the end where people would be able to pass their messages onto friends and family back home. So a little later we all lined up against the wall with the Harbour Bridge behind us. We were about half way in the line, she came walking by and spotted me and said it would be better if we were nearer the front of the line – result, and so were moved much to the annoyance of everyone else-like i cared because i was going to be famous!!!


So the camera came on and Johnno pointed his microphone at people but only for a couple of seconds, the speech I had prepared would have to be cut down to 5 seconds , I panicked, the camera was on Adam and he said “Happy Christmas”, I felt I had to say more and not just be the average Joe Bloggs that no one remembers, so I said Happy Christmas, and Johnno started to move the microphone away, quick what else can I say, then out of nowhere I blurted out “The wedding went well”, Johnno repeated what I said back to the camera and then carried onto the next person. I did it, I was on GMTV! Minutes later we had a stream of text messages from friends and family who had seen us. Matt had mentioned to his mum that I had got onto GMTV and I had said the wedding went well and she apparently remembered me even though she had no idea who I was-mission accomplished!
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: