Sunday, December 14, 2008

Kylie

On the weekend I had read that Kylie would be in town at the Myer Centre promoting her new perfume and the first 100 people would get the chance to get a personal signed autograph from her. Well since I wasn’t working I thought I would go along and just check out what was happening. I left home about 9am and so thought there was no chance I would be the first 100 as people would probably have camped overnight, however when I got there I could see a group of people in a corner behind a barrier, I asked the security guard if there was any places available and he told me that he had 30 wristbands left which meant I was in – woo hoo! Well the first thing I did was to phone Adam who couldn’t believe I had made it. So for the next 3 hours I waited for the pint sized pop star to appear. In the meantime I had got chatting to a girl called Natalie who was meant to be at work and had popped in just to see what the commotion was, but when she too realised she was the first 100 hundred there was no way she was going to give up her spot to miss out. Whilst waiting, a local radio presenter was keeping us entertained and asking people Kylie questions and asking to look at Kylie tattoos to win her latest cd. I was shouting at the top of my lungs to try and get a cd but it wasn’t working. I then got chatting to a guy called Matt and his friend Emma who were also trying to make lots of noise to grab the entertainer’s attention. We joined forces and tried to shout in unison but to no avail. The entertainer then asked if anybody would be prepared to sing a few Kylie songs to win tickets for her latest concert. Matt and I were very tempted even though neither of us can sing and could only think of the words to Locomotion but thought embarrassing ourselves in front of millions of people would be a high price to pay for the tickets.



Eventually a little girl raised her hand and was chosen to sing. Well what can I say except amazing. She sang White Diamond and everyone cheered for her because she was that good. At last the time had come for Kylie to appear. She walked past and all I could see was the top of her head (she is tiny), and walked onto the stage. There was a quick interview style chat and then everyone started shouting out the little girl’s name who performed earlier. Kylie asked what was going on and then met the little Kylie wannabe performer which ended up in an impromptu duet. At last the time had come to get our autographs. Natalie, Matt, Emma and I were in the last lot of people to meet her. We had noticed that the security guards were taking personal belongings off people including cameras which was annoying as a photo of me and Kylie would have been cool but I can’t complain. I got there and she looked at the sticky note that had the name of who I wanted the poster made out to, I had asked for “The Gallard’s” and she said what does that say and tried to pronounce it.



After explaining that Adam and I had recently got married and so wanted the poster signed to the both of us she wrote Congrats on it and signed it With love Kylie. I have to admit I was very star struck but did feel that the guards didn’t allow us much time to say anything to her. After coming down from my high I felt hungry and so the 4 of us went to grab some lunch and talk about our encounter and what we had said to her. Natalie and I swapped email addresses and she then decided to go to work – I believe work were ok about her not coming in! I carried on talking to Matt and Emma who told me they had only recently come to Sydney and had not made any friends as yet, so just like that I invited these two strangers over for dinner and they seemed very grateful for the invite.
On the weekend we took the ferry with Frank to the Sydney Wildlife Park.



From the outside it looked deceptively small and yet inside they had all sorts including some of Australia’s most deadly spiders and snakes, a butterfly farm and also rare yellow tailed wallabies.



Afterwards we walked along Darling Harbour to find somewhere to eat. Having found somewhere we were about to walk in when the security guy asked me for id, I laughed but he didn’t think it was very funny, I explained I was 27 and Adam was my husband, but even after Adam showing him his id he still would not let me in. We carried onto somewhere else where eventually I was let in. I have to admit it was a little flattering at first but whenever we went out I always got asked for id whereas Adam and some other friends managed to walk straight in. So I learned I would have to carry id everywhere!
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: